CLEVELAND — Editor's note: The video in the player above is from a story published on April 8, 2021.
What is this feeling, so sudden and new?
It's the feeling of knowing that the acclaimed Broadway musical "Wicked" is headed back to Cleveland, of course!
On Tuesday, Playhouse Square announced that the show, inspired by "The Wizard of OZ," will fly back into Northeast Ohio later this year, arriving in Cleveland December 8.
"Dust off your broomsticks - WICKED returns to Playhouse Square December 8 - January 2. Tickets are on sale August 2. 💚" Playhouse Square posted on social media.
The musical follows Elphaba (The Wicked Witch of the West) and Glinda (The Good Witch) on their adventures in OZ long before Dorothy showed up on the scene.
The show has long been hailed a hit by both audiences and critics for its storytelling and music.
"Wicked" last stopped in Cleveland in 2017.
Tickets will be available here on August 2.
The announcement comes just three months after the theater district announced its full lineup of shows for the 2021-2022 season, packed with shows for the whole family.
Other shows coming to Playhouse Square include:
- 'The Lion King' (October 1- October 15, 2021)
- 'The Prom' (November 2- November 21, 2021)
- 'Jesus Christ Superstar' (February 2- February 20, 2022)
- 'Pretty Woman The Musical' (March 8- March 27, 2022)
- Aaron Sorkin's adaptation of 'To Kill a Mockingbird' (April 26- May 15, 2022)
- 'My Fair Lady' (June 8- June 27, 2022)
- 'Ain’t Too Proud: The Life and Time of The Temptations' (July 12- July 31, 2022)
- 'Frozen the Musical' (August 11- September 11, 2022)