CONCORD, Ohio — A portion of Interstate 90 in Lake County has been reopened following a crash near State Route 44 Friday afternoon.
Photos from the Ohio Department of Transportation showed multiple vehicles involved. Cars were at a standstill near Painesville/Ravenna Road, with traffic backed up all the way towards Vrooman Road.
With motorists attempting to drive home during rush hour, the highway was shut down beyond Vrooman and Route 44 all the way to Center Street. Eastbound remained open, but there was traffic from Kirtland Road to Morely Road.
All lanes were moving again just before 7 p.m. after more than two hours at a standstill. Details regarding the incident have not yet been released.
- UPDATES | Jayland Walker police press conference scheduled for Sunday, Akron calls off Rib, White, and Blue Festival
- Car crash on Cleveland's east side leaves 4 children, including 2 ejected from a car, hospitalized
- 'Gravely concerned': Rep. Shontel Brown gives statement after shooting death of Jayland Walker by Akron police
- 4th of July events around Northeast Ohio: Your guide to fireworks, festivals and more
- Ohio Supreme Court denies motion for emergency stay of Ohio's six-week abortion ban
- 'I think we've had enough of the Cleveland Guardians': Listen to the Minnesota Twins TV crew's somber call of Andrés Giménez's walk-off homer