CLEVELAND — A 14-year-old boy has died in late-night shooting in Cleveland.
It happened around 11:55 p.m. Tuesday at West 89th Street and Detroit Avenue, according to the Cleveland Division of Police.
The boy has been identified as Michael B. White of Cleveland, according to the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office.
When officers arrived on the scene, they found the 14-year-old victim in the courtyard with multiple gunshot wounds.
When EMS officials arrived at the scene, the boy was pronounced dead upon arrival.
According to preliminary investigations, a large fight broke out in front of 8811 Detroit Ave. During the fight, shots were fired by multiple people.
The victim was shot multiple times and eventually collapsed in the courtyard where he was found.
The family of White has launched a GoFundMe page to help with memorial expenses.
"His mom and siblings really suffered a loss and are grieving and needing to give him a proper burial," said Tanika Latten, White's cousin on the GoFundMe page. "Michael was a very caring and loving young man who loved his family dearly, and he’ll truly be missed!!!"
Donations can be made at https://gf.me/v/c/x8t8/michael-b-white.
At this time, the Cleveland Division of Police is asking for help from the public. Anyone with information related to this shooting is asked to call 216-623-5464.
Those wishing to give anonymous information can call CrimeStoppers at 216-25-CRIME. A cash reward of up to $5,000 may be available.
This was just one of two deadly shootings in Cleveland overnight. EMS officials also tell 3News that a 25-year-old man was shot and killed on East 89th Street and Marshall Avenue.
- Timeline of 3 weekend shootings in Akron: 19-year-old pizza delivery driver among those shot
- Man killed in Akron shooting Sunday afternoon
- Another deadly fire in Cleveland: Woman dies in East 170th Street incident
- Akron: Two men sentenced to prison for 2019 fatal shooting
- 'Law and Order: Organized Crime' crew member shot and killed on set
- 2 men charged with stealing student's items from Ohio State residence hall
- 7-year-old boy shot in Maple Heights while riding in vehicle overnight
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published in an unrelated fire story on July 18, 2022.