CLEVELAND — A woman's dead body was found in Cleveland's Slavic Village neighborhood on Sunday night.
According to Cleveland Police, officers responded to East 68th Street and Polonia Avenue at approximately 10:27 p.m., where members of EMS had declared the woman deceased on scene. Members of the Homicide Unit responded to the scene for investigation, with preliminary information revealing that a citizen reported hearing a male yelling and then saw the victim, who had some bruising on her body, down in the street.
An investigation remains ongoing and the woman's cause of death will be determined by the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office.
This is a developing story. Please stick with 3News for the latest.
More local coverage from WKYC:
- Cleveland among top 10 best food towns in the country: Travel + Leisure
- FORECAST | Spring arrives today with warmer temps and sunshine
- Ohio train derailment updates: Norfolk Southern CEO Alan Shaw testifies before Pennsylvania committee
- East Cleveland announces partnership with Ohio State Highway Patrol
- Canton police: Man dead, woman seriously hurt in domestic violence fight
- Tallmadge Police investigating death of 2-year-old
- Archbishop Hoban beats Pickerington Central 53-47 to win OHSAA Division I boys basketball championship
- Lutheran East beats Ottawa Glandorf 67-61 to win OHSAA Division III boys basketball championship
- BCI joins Geauga County law enforcement in search for missing elderly woman
- 49 straight victories! Richmond Heights wins 2nd straight OHSAA Division IV boys basketball championship
- Buchtel beats Lutheran West 51-49 to win 1st-ever OHSAA boys basketball championship
- 2 ODOT vehicles struck during snowy Sunday morning in Northeast Ohio
- Snowy Sunday: Weather recap with lake effect snow impacting portions of Northeast Ohio
- Judge in Alex Murdaugh trial to speak at Cleveland State University: Here are his ties to Northeast Ohio