CLEVELAND — An investigation is underway following an alleged homicide that occurred at a gas station in Cleveland.
A man was found on the scene at 11609 Miles Avenue, an Express Stop gas station at around 11:11 p.m. on Wednesday, June 29.
When officers arrived on the scene, they discovered 27-year-old Ravon McGhee lying near pump eight with multiple gunshot wounds to his body.
Cleveland police officers gave aid to the victim until EMS arrived on the scene. McGhee was pronounced dead on the scene by EMS officials.
According to members of the Homicide Unit, a preliminary investigation reveals that the victim was a passenger in a vehicle with his friend.
When McGhee's friend went into the store, he was approached by three males who opened fire on him.
Eventually, the males fled the scene and were later arrested. At this time, the names of the suspects have not been released.
A reward of up to $5,000 may be available for anyone who provides information to investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact investigators at 216-623-5464. Anonymous information can be provided to CrimeStoppers at 216-25-CRIME.
Stick with 3News as we learn more about the situation and investigation.
- Fire reported at Bob’s Hamburg restaurant in Akron
- Small plane crashes in Medina County: What we know
- Delta issues 'systemwide' travel waiver for July 4 weekend
- Gas prices fall again in Northeast Ohio, down 17 cents in Akron and 12 cents in Cleveland: Why GasBuddy says drivers should 'be wary' of another spike
- Prepare for sticker shock if you are traveling this summer
- Galley Boy at Swensons named best burger in Ohio in new national rankings
- Trattner's Table for 2: The Garden of Eden on the roof of the Metropolitan at the 9 with Mike Polk Jr.
- Texas brewery prepares to launch 'hot dog water' flavored seltzer
- Ohio City staple Bar Cento transforms into 'Bright Side' | Doug Trattner reports
- Akron Public Schools opts not to arm teachers and employees, despite Ohio's new law
- Akron police shoot, kill suspect amid overnight chase: 'Actions by the suspect caused the officers to perceive he posed a deadly threat'
- EMS responds to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport after 2 Hertz employees become sick from alleged unknown substance
- Truck crashes into Civil War statue in Lagrange town square