KENT, Ohio — Firefighters are at the scene of a "large structure fire" working to contain flames at a mill on North Water Street in downtown Kent.
Kent State University issued a "safety alert" advisory at 9:46 a.m. Friday recommending everybody to "please avoid the area" -- but also noted "there is no threat to the Kent Campus at this time."
Scribbles Coffee is among those posting about the fire on Twitter.
No additional details are immediately available, but 3News is working to confirm more information on this developing story.
"It's a sad day in Kent today," they tweeted. "We'll be closed for the rest of the day today. Our hearts are with the firefighters who are trying to contain this beast of a fire."
We streamed live video from the scene, which you can watch in the player below:
PHOTOS: Fire burns at Kent mill
Multiple pictures and videos have also been posted on Twitter, which you can see below...
- New details released after Parma police end shelter in place advisory for residents of Pearl Road and Velma Avenue
- Video shows man's arrest after suspect allegedly drove into restricted area at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
- Daughter of Cleveland firefighter Johnny Tetrick speaks in court during suspect’s arraignment in deadly hit-and-run incident
- Vermilion Fire Marshal crashes car into fire station following health incident
- Man sentenced in deadly hit-and-run that killed 3-year-old girl riding bike in Cleveland
- 'Leave now! Get away from my property!' Owner of 'A Christmas Story' House in Cleveland seen yelling at film's actor Yano Anaya amid property sale
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published in an unrelated story on Dec. 1, 2022.