SANDUSKY, Ohio — Editor's note: Video at the top of this story features a front-seat ride on the Steel Vengeance roller coaster at Cedar Point.
Shortly before 6 p.m. Saturday, the Sandusky amusement park issued a “limited capacity” alert regarding parking as guests packed into the property.
“PARK UPDATE: Cedar Point parking is currently at limited capacity,” according to a tweet from Cedar Point. “We will accept vehicles as space becomes available. Thank you for your patience.”
The crowded conditions also became a talker on Twitter. Here’s a few samples of what we found regarding the crowds.
A similar situation unfolded at the park two years ago as Cedar Point experienced epic crowd levels on Oct. 19, 2019. Shortly before 4 p.m. that day, Cedar Point announced on Twitter that the park was “nearing capacity” and both Cedar Point Road and Cedar Point Drive had been temporarily closed.
Cedar Point wraps up its 2021 season with the final day of operation on Sunday, Oct. 31.
- RELATED: 27 haunted houses you can visit in Ohio this Halloween
- RELATED: M&M's beats Reese's as top Halloween candy in 2021 RetailMeNot survey
- RELATED: List: Trick-or-treat times in Northeast Ohio for 2021
- RELATED: Mom Squad: Healthy Halloween and holiday eating
- RELATED: Cedar Point going cashless in 2022 with all Cedar Fair parks
- RELATED: Heinz launches Halloween-themed ketchup nationwide
- RELATED: Olmsted Falls man gets national attention for epic Halloween display, using the spotlight to raise money for St. Jude's