CLEVELAND — On Wednesday, Cleveland Scene released its annual "Best of Cleveland" awards. The magazine says this year's list of winners the represented the "plum-perfect people, places and things that the city of Cleveland should be celebrating at this moment."
Cleveland Scene says tens of thousands of people submitted nominations and selected winners in this year's poll. Voting ended on September 15.
3News was proud to take home the first-place honor for "Best Local Newscast."
Meanwhile, several of our on-air anchors and personalities were honored this year.
Once again, our Mike Polk Jr. won in the Best Comedian category.
In the Best Anchor/News Personality category, Betsy Kling took first place honors, with our Russ Mitchell and Maureen Kyle among the other five favorites in Cleveland. Jim Donovan was also listed among the city's best sports reporters.
Of this year's awards, Scene said, "Many of them are first-time winners, which is great to see, while others have graced this issue before, which, after losing so many landmark businesses in the past year, is worthy of celebration as well."
Thank you Scene for carrying on with this tradition, and thank you to all who voted.
- Cleveland Scene honors 3News' Jim Donovan, Russ Mitchell, Betsy Kling, and Mike Polk Jr. in 'Best of Cleveland 2020'
- 3News Chief Meteorologist Betsy Kling named National Weather Association's 'Broadcaster of the Year'
- WKYC Studios receives 28 Lower Great Lakes Emmy Awards nominations
- WKYC Studios employees charter new Greater Cleveland Association of Hispanic Journalists
- 3News sports anchor Jim Donovan named finalist for 2019 Ohio Sportscaster of the Year award