CLEVELAND — EDITOR'S NOTE: The video in the player above is from a previously published story
The city of Cleveland held a virtual public meeting Wednesday to provide an update on its Airport Layout Plan (ALP) for Burke Lakefront Airport (BKL).
The meeting will provided details on changes that have taken place since the completion of the Airport's 2017 Master Plan Update. During the meeting, there was be a presentation followed by an opportunity for the public to ask questions and provide feedback.
As Cleveland ponders the future of its lakefront development, the status of Burke Lakefront Airport has remained a question mark. Last month, a proposal organized by Haslam Sports Group called for a park-like land bridge over State Route 2 and the railroad tracks. The hope is to link the lakefront area around FirstEnergy Stadium, Great Lakes Science Center and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with the rest of downtown, specifically to the mall atop the Huntington Convention Center.
3News streamed the entire meting live on our social platforms. You can watch it again in the player below:
- Cleveland Metroparks opens Wendy Park Bridge and Whiskey Island Trail
- Cleveland National Air Show returning to Burke Lakefront Airport this Labor Day weekend
- Haslam Sports Group presents lakefront transformation proposal, other local leaders push for new development
- Browns owners unveil new proposal for Cleveland's lakefront
- Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson announces investments in city's COVID recovery
- Cleveland Metroparks unveils Red Line Greenway bike and pedestrian trail
- Has the NFL shown Cleveland what's possible on the Lake Erie shoreline?