NEW YORK — Editor's note: Video at the top of this story was originally published on Jan. 4, 2021.
The Cleveland Browns were the focus of a few late-night jokes Monday on The Tonight Show as Jimmy Fallon crafted some comedy about the team making the playoffs.
No sweat. We can take it. Our Browns are in the playoffs no matter what jokes are thrown our way.
RELATED: Watch: Cleveland Browns release epic hype video after earning playoff spot, and it will give you goosebumps
Here’s all of the Browns-related punchlines:
- “The NFL regular season is over, and for the first time since 2002 the Cleveland Browns are going to the playoffs. Even Georgia’s Secretary of State was like, ‘That can’t be right. Count the wins again.’”
- “When they heard that they had made the playoffs, the Browns were like, ‘There’s more games after the season? Do they do that every year? Wow.’”
- “Yeah, the Browns are going to the playoffs and fans are like, ‘Thanks, the one year we can’t be there in person. You’ve got to be kidding.’ Right now the people of Cleveland are thinking: Even when we win, we lose.”
Watch Fallon's monologue with the Browns jokes:
SUBSCRIBE: Get the day's top headlines sent to your inbox each weekday morning with the free 3News to GO! newsletter
It’s not the first time Fallon has had some fun with the Browns. Early last year, he made a joke about the team in relation to The Bachelor filming in Cleveland.
“That’s right, all the girls went to Cleveland and they played football in the Browns stadium. Afterwards, half the girls got roses from Peter and the rest got contracts from the Browns.”
MORE BROWNS HEADLINES:
- RELATED: 'You got more in you?' Watch what happened in the Cleveland Browns' locker room after clinching playoff spot against Pittsburgh Steelers
- RELATED: 'Unbelievable! What a season!' Jim Donovan's must-see reaction when the Cleveland Browns made the playoffs
- RELATED: Watch: Browns appear to troll JuJu Smith-Schuster with TikTok dance after win vs. Steelers