CLEVELAND — Editor's Note: The above video is from a previously published story
Here's some great news as you make your plans for the Fourth of July weekend holiday!
Downtown Cleveland Alliance has announced that the Light Up The Lake fireworks show will return this July 4.
The free, family-friendly event will begin at dusk on Sunday, July 4 over Lake Erie from the Port of Cleveland’s Dock 20. Here are some of the top recommended viewing areas for the fireworks extravaganza:
- Flats West Bank: Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica Boardwalk, Music Box Supper Club, Shooters on the Water, Superior Viaduct, Wendy Park and Whiskey Island
- Flats East Bank: Flats East Bank Boardwalk, Settlers Landing, Margaritaville, Punch Bowl Social Rooftop, Lago Veranda and other Flats East Bank restaurants
- North Coast Harbor: Voinovich Bicentennial Park, Edgewater Beach and Kirtland Park
Last May, officials with Downtown Cleveland Alliance made the decision to postpone the Light Up The Lake event until Sunday, September 19 due to the coronavirus pandemic. DCA ended up cancelling the event.
If you need a refresher about how great the Light Up The Lake fireworks show is, check out our coverage of the 2019 festivities in the video below:
- Summer fun guide: Laura DeMarco's 12 must-do adventures throughout Northeast Ohio
- BrewBoat returns for more beer-filled cruises along the Cuyahoga River in Cleveland
- Lock 3's free summer movie series lineup announced in Akron
- Cleveland tourism poised to make a comeback this summer
- Cedar Point removes mask requirement for fully vaccinated guests, park will not ask for proof of vaccination
- Your public pool may be impacted by ongoing lifeguard shortage