EUCLID, Ohio — Authorities had temporarily closed I-90 East in Euclid shortly before noon Monday. The closure was only in effect for a brief period of time as the Euclid Police Department announced the roadway had reopened around 12:20 p.m.
ODOT tweeted about the crash with an alert for drivers to avoid the area at 11:55 a.m. The closure begins on I-90 East at E. 260th Street.
No additional details were immediately available, but stay with 3News as we will update this story once more information is released.
Slick conditions are possible throughout Northeast Ohio due to lake effect snow, which is why the National Weather Service has activated a Winter Weather Advisory for Cuyahoga, Lake, Geauga and Ashtabula (inland) counties until 4 a.m.
- Driver extricated after truck crashes through concrete divider on Route 2 West in Wickliffe
- Lake effect snow brings Winter Weather Advisory: How much snow you can expect
- First snow of the winter season leaves snowbelt blanketed white; ODOT reminds drivers to stay prepared, vigilant on the roads
- Police pull pilot from plane moments before train crash
- Mentor Police testing new license plate reader system to help officers fight and solve crimes
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published on July 8, 2021.