AKRON, Ohio — Editor's note: the video in the player above is from a previous story.
A 32-year-old man was found fatally shot in an Akron house on Monday night.
According to police, authorities received a call regarding a shooting that took place in the 1000 block of Cole Avenue late Monday night. Upon arriving, officers found 32-year-old Derrick D. Fischer of Akron in the basement with multiple gunshot wounds.
Fischer was pronounced dead at the scene at 12:17 a.m. on Tuesday morning. The Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office and the Akron Police are investigating the homicide.
More crime coverage from WKYC:
- FBI seeking suspect who robbed First Federal Bank in Gordon Square
- Arrest warrant issued for Canton man accused of threatening woman, crashing car in Summit County
- Cleveland City Council votes to increase fines for off-road vehicles, stunt driving on city streets
- Cleveland Police: 5 people wounded in shooting on city's east side
- Elyria Police: 1 man dead, 1 woman in serious condition after shooting at apartment complex
- 14-year-old girl in Cleveland killed in shooting: What we know
- Fugitive of the Week: Leroy Billips wanted for homicide by the US Marshals Service and Euclid Police Department
- 'It's time for me to go': Firefighter retires on anniversary of Cleveland's deadliest house fire
- 'I have arrived in hell': Assistant chief retires on anniversary of Cleveland's deadliest house fire
- Report: Top Southern Baptists stonewalled sex abuse victims
- The traffic initiative Operation 'Wheels Down' Cleveland yields immediate results in first day
- Atlanta pastor found stabbed to death, burned by man recently released from prison she was ministering to
- A week after shootings, Buffalo honors victims
- Is mass death now tolerated in America?