CLEVELAND — Editor's Note: The above video is from a previously published, unrelated story
The Cleveland Division of Police is investigating a hit-and-run incident that took the life of a man in the overnight hours on Sunday.
Around 3:30 a.m., multiple motorists reported to police that a man was laying in the right lane of I-90 eastbound, just south of the Chester Avenue ramp. The man was on the highway when he was struck by an unidentified vehicle that failed to stop and left the scene of the crash.
Police are still trying to determine why the victim was on the highway. There is no word yet on a suspect vehicle involved in the hit-skip incident. If you have any information, please contact the Cleveland Division of Police at 216-621-1234.
The incident remains under investigation.
This is a developing story. Stay with 3News for more details as they become available.
- 48-year-old man fatally shot on Cleveland's east side
- Cleveland Police: Man found dead inside burning car in Ohio City
- Man found dead in driveway of Akron's North Hill neighborhood; police searching for shooting suspects
- Kirtland couple gets 18 months in prison for bribing a former city of Cleveland employee
- Man arrested after 2-year-old boy shot in head at Lorain home
- North Olmsted business owner indicted for sexual assault; police asking victims to come forward
- 3News' Russ Mitchell moderates United Way of Greater Cleveland/NAACP - Cleveland Branch's Consent Decree Community Conversation
- Falling tree on Martin Luther King Jr Drive, 1 City of Cleveland employee killed
- Groundbreaking ceremony: Garden of 11 Angels memorial to honor women murdered by Cleveland serial killer Anthony Sowell