EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio — A woman is dead and two others, including a child, are injured after a shooting in East Cleveland on Monday evening.
According to East Cleveland Police Chief Scott Gardner, officers were dispatched to the area of Hayden and Superior around 8:40 p.m. for a call of shots fired.
Police discovered that multiple gunshots had been fired into a vehicle that had four occupants. Three people were taken to University Hospitals for treatment, while one male was interviewed by police on scene.
Gardner informed 3News that at 10:05 p.m, a female passenger of the vehicle was pronounced dead. The woman's child was shot in the chest and head, and is listed as critical. The child's father is in critical but stable condition.
No other information has been made available at this time.
This is a developing story. Stay with 3News for more details as they become available.
- Anthony Sowell, convicted Cleveland serial killer of 11 women, dies in prison
- Cleveland Catholic school teacher arrested for sending sexually explicit messages to undercover officer posing as teen
- Mother, two children injured during drive-by shooting in Strongsville near Docere Spa
- Lorain Police: 2 people arrested for fatal shooting of 32-year-old man
- Uber driver carjacked Sunday morning in Parma
- Two men arrested in connection to mysterious explosions in Geauga County
- Gov. Mike DeWine renews push for distracted driving crackdown in Ohio
Editor's Note: The below story aired on February 8, 2021