CLEVELAND — Authorities have called off a search for a pair of "overdue boaters" after it was discovered the initial alert was a "false report."
The U.S. Coast Guard said the two departed Edgewater at 10 p.m. Friday in a 17-foot aluminum vessel and had not returned, but both were later discovered safe with no reported injuries.
No further details on why the false alarm came in are available at this time.
MORE CLEVELAND-AREA HEADLINES:
- Suspect wanted for robbery of Fifth Third Bank in South Euclid
- Browns chief of staff Callie Brownson makes history as first interim female positional coach in NFL history
- How to pay it forward when times are tough with RAKE founder Ricky Smith: 3 Things to Know with Stephanie Haney
- Found: Recovering women quarantine in chapel for two weeks, form lifelong bond
- Cleveland Orchestra plays on despite the COVID-19 pandemic
- Cleveland Cavaliers celebrate Season of Giving by providing 200 gift bags and Giant Eagle gift cards to local families in need
- Watch again: Winterfest kicks off the holiday season with annual lighting ceremony in downtown Cleveland